Himilo Community Connect Playgroup is an informal session where mums, dads, grandparents, caregivers, children and babies meet together in a relaxed environment.
Our Playgroup is led by trained staff and volunteers in Early Childhood and Care who deliver a range of activities designed to meet the needs of the children attending. Our Playgroup activities include:
- story time
- imaginative play
- outdoor and free play
- art and craft
- gross motor and play
- parenting programs
- conversational English classes
- mental health and wellbeing workshops
- Family nutrition seminars
Our Playgroup is currently based at St Pius X Primary School in West Heidelberg. An important part of our playgroup is encouraging parents and caregivers connect with each other participate in play and learning activities with their children.
No child is too young for playgroup. All children from 0Ė4 years of age including babies, love new experiences and benefit from developing sensory, social and communication skills through activities at playgroup.
Playgroup isnít always a mothersí group, all parents and carers benefit from playgroup. Playgroup can be a time to talk, make new friends and share experiences, while children learn through play.
Adults like playgroup because they can:
- meet other local families and develop new friendships
- relax and talk in a friendly environment
- share experiences and ideas
- play with children and nurture a spirit of cooperation
- take up opportunities for personal development.
For more information or to register your interest in the Himilo Play Group, please send us an enquiry using the form below.